By Jennifer Kramer, APR, Senior Strategic Communications Manager
M-1® Universal Adhesive/Sealant is Chem Link’s flagship polyether product. Designed for bonding and sealing a wide range of construction materials, it can be used on PVC, EPDM, most metals, wood, glass, masonry concrete, fiberglass and solvent-sensitive foams. It works in almost any situation requiring a sealant. Plus, M-1 is a solvent-free, versatile product with the ability to form a tough, waterproof seal on most roofing materials.
M-1 is most often used for flashing, coping, skylights and HVAC applications, as well as an emergency repair sealant for temporary repair of leaks. It delivers nearly 400 psi shear strength and remains elastic after cure — up to 525% elongation, so it also performs as a structural adhesive.
M-1 Covers the Building Envelope
- Commercial Roofing — Flashing and coping joints, sealing Reglet joints and termination bars, tight seals around penetrations, bonding walkway treads and just about any emergency roof repairs.
- Residential Roofing — Chimney and step flashing, skylights, roofing details, cove joints.
- Penetrations — Sealing pipe, cable, conduit penetrations through walls and roofs.
- Walls, windows, doors — Masonry and curtain wall construction.
- Lightning protection — Bonding grounding cables.
- Solar — Mounting solar panels, assembling components, waterproofing power distribution.
- Masonry and concrete — Crack repairs, horizontal and vertical expansion joints, bonding metal brackets.
- Mechanical — Sealing ducts, insulation, flanges and piping.
Following Chem Link’s dedication to sustainability, M-1 is safe for workers, occupants and the environment. What’s that mean?
- It is non-toxic, so there’s no need to clear the building when working with Chem Link’s green products.
- There are no carcinogens, so it is safe for all building occupants.
Benefits of M-1:
- It adheres to almost everything, so you can use it everywhere!
- It contains 100% solids that don’t shrink.
- Because it is moisture-curing, you can use it in the rain for emergency roofing or other applications like leaking condensation pans or pools.
- It is paintable and available in numerous color choices, as well as in a true clear option.
- It’s both an adhesive as well as a sealant.
- It skins over in just 20 minutes and is non-flammable, non-staining, non-sag, and non-slump.
- Applies down to 32°F/0°C
- Continuous service at 200° F/93°C
M-1 is made in the USA, as are most of Chem Link’s raw materials – the polymers, the cartridges, and the boxes.
M-1 is available in 10.1 oz. and 28 oz. cartridges, 20 oz. sausages, and 5 oz. squeeze tubes; 2- and 5-gallon pails are available by special order.
* For complete installation instructions, refer to the technical data sheets available on chemlink.com.
Amazon created a one-of-a-kind vision for its headquarters in Seattle, Washington, featuring three spherical conservatories filled with live plants and trees. To drive the living green space philosophy, M-1 was selected as a key product in construction due to its high performing, solvent-free, environmentally friendly features.
Sponsored Content by Chem Link