World Wind & Solar (WWS), a Pearce Services Company and a leader in repair and maintenance services for utility-scale wind, solar and energy storage systems, has opened a national warehouse to enhance its ability to provide critical spare parts to customers who own and operate renewable energy assets. WWS has also created a new supply chain division of the company focused on supplying spare parts for the wind and solar industries.
“World Wind & Solar has a great reputation for quality, safety, and services. We are now investing in critical infrastructure to further provide value to our customers,” said VP of Supply Chain Steve Spethmann. “With a centralized warehouse in easy reach of our clients’ project sites, we can further support their operations with critical spare parts and consumables.”
WWS is now able to offer the following:
- Full supply chain and inventory management capabilities from a 32,000-sq.-ft warehouse located just outside of Chicago.
- Spare parts sourced from several hundred suppliers around the globe.
- Scheduled maintenance kits prepackaged and prepped to be delivered just-in-time (JIT) to customer sites.
- Inventory management and logistics capabilities for customer-owned components.
- Engineered solutions (support for parts obsolescence, retrofits, component repair, and refurbishment).
To deliver and build on this new capability, WWS has a dedicated team of supply chain professionals with decades of experience. WWS is investing in critical infrastructure to bring these supply chain services to its valued customers.
In March of this year, WWS was acquired by Pearce Services which reinforced its mission as an independent service provider for critical infrastructure in the renewable energy industry.
“The growth of our team at WWS and our industry has been extraordinary this year,” said Mark McLanahan, leader of the renewables division for Pearce Service. “Our integration with Pearce Services and the alignment in our mission to safely service our customers has made our platform stronger than ever and well-positioned to meet our customers’ expanding needs with these new technical capabilities.”
With over 500 technicians now working in the field, WWS works tirelessly to serve OEM, owner, and operator customers with an elite workforce.
News item from WWS