THE SOLAR ENERGY SOCIETY OF CANADA, INC
About SESCI, the Solar Energy Society of Canada, Inc.
Solar Energy Society of Canada Inc.
Established in 1974, the Solar Energy Society of Canada Inc. (SESCI) operates as a non-profit organization, with registered charitable status. SESCI is a national organization with seven chapters or affiliates across Canada; in the Maritimes, Quebec, Toronto & Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta, B.C.
SESCI also has an international voice as the Canadian section of the International Solar Energy Society (ISES).
The Solar Energy Society of Canada Inc. will advance the awareness, understanding and use of solar energy in Canada.
- To facilitate exchange of up-to-date scientific and technical information through chapter meetings, public seminars and high quality national conferences;
- To provide a resource to various sectors involving energy utilization and related technology;
- To disseminate information containing pertinent, reliable, interdisciplinary and technical information;
- to encourage innovative concepts and improvements in solar energy applications;
- To maintain close working relations with other solar energy societies such as the American Solar Energy Society, and the International Solar Energy Society, as its official Canadian section, and environmental groups (nationally and internationally) on matters of common concerns;
- To endorse and encourage local chapters within the boundaries of the Society to exchange information of unique common interest.
What we do
SESCI promotes the increased use of solar and other renewable energies in Canada. To promote these goals SESCI has developed programs in three broad areas: education, technical development and public policy. Through these programs SESCI supports energy conservation, industry, and all forms of renewable energy, such as active and passive solar, photovoltaic, micro hydro, biomass, wind and earth energy.