News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Get your free 1-week trial of StreetInsider Premium here.
A new report revealed that Lineage ranked fifth for on-site solar and 22nd for total solar.
The rating reflects the Company’s commitment to decarbonizing its operations and improving energy efficiency
NOVI, Mich.–( BUSINESS WIRE )– Lineage Logistics, LLC (“Lineage” or the “Company”), the world’s largest temperature-controlled industrial REIT and logistics solutions provider, is the fifth and 22nd largest on-site solar energy adoption is on the ground. According to the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) Solar Vehicles Business 2022 report, total for total solar adoption in the US.
This press release has multimedia features. See the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221129005424/en/
The Lineage Logistics facility in Colton, Calif., is set to generate 100% of its energy on-site with a rooftop array of 8,426 solar panels capable of generating more than 5.4 million kilowatt-hours of clean energy, or 73% of the facility’s energy needs; linear generators provide the remaining 27% of the energy used by this facility. This is an example of Lineage’s commitment to minimizing our environmental footprint through new and innovative technologies. (Image: Business Wire)
The Solar Means Business Report tracks commercial solar installations, detailing how large corporations are using solar energy in the United States. their operations account for 14% of all installed solar capacity in America. The rankings in the report distinguish companies that physically install solar from companies that buy off-site.
“With more than 400 strategic locations around the world, we continue to explore solutions to help reduce the environmental impact of our operations and reduce our energy consumption. Solar adoption has been a central part of this strategy,” said Chris Thurston, Director of Energy and Sustainability at Lineage Logistics. “Given our position in the global food ecosystem, we are pleased to be recognized for our commitment to improving our energy efficiency and supporting efforts to decarbonize the global food supply chain.”
Installing solar power across its entire network of facilities is just the beginning of Lineage’s plan to decarbonize its operations. To date, the Company’s solar projects offset 40% of the site’s total energy use, which is equivalent to generating the energy for approximately 12,000 homes per year. While the SEIA report focuses only on the US, Lineage continues to grow its solar portfolio globally with more than 20 projects spanning North America, Europe, Australia and Asia.
Results from this year’s report showed that U.S. businesses installed nearly 19 gigawatts (GW) of solar capacity onsite and offsite by 2019, more than double the 9.4GW installed by 2019. solar use now accounts for 55% of all commercial solar use.
Please visit www.SolarMeansBusiness.com to download the full SEIA report, view interactive charts, and explore key report information.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is the world’s largest temperature-controlled industrial REIT and logistics solutions provider. It has a global network of more than 400 strategically located facilities with a combined capacity of more than 2 billion cubic feet spanning 20 countries across North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Lineage’s industry-leading expertise in end-to-end logistics solutions, its unrivaled real estate network, and innovative technology development and deployment help increase distribution efficiency, promote sustainability, minimize waste in the supply chain and, most importantly, as a Visionary Partner. Feed America, help feed the world. In recognition of the company’s leading innovations and sustainability initiatives, Lineage was named a 2022 Best Managed Company in the US, No. 3 on the 2022 CNBC Disruptor 50 list, No. 17 on the 2021 CNBC Disruptor 50 list, No. 1 Data Science Company, and a 2020 Fortune- In addition to being included in the Change The World list, it is ranked 23rd in Fast Company’s 2019 World’s Most Innovative Companies list. (www.lineagelogistics.com)
The Solar Energy Industries Association® (SEIA) is leading the transition to a clean energy economy, creating a framework for 30% of US electricity generation to come from solar by 2030. SEIA works with 1,000 member companies and other strategic partners to fight for policies. that create fair market rules that create jobs in every community and promote competition and the growth of reliable, affordable solar energy. Founded in 1974, SEIA is the national trade association for the solar and solar + storage industries, building a comprehensive vision for the Solar+ Decade through research, education and advocacy. Visit SEIA online at www.seia.org and follow @SEIA on Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Source: Lineage Logistics